We're hiring! Please read about our currently open positions below.
- Part-time barista
Barista – Job Description
At The Get Down we’re disrupting what has been “business as usual” in the coffee industry for too long. We know that specialty coffee is often not welcoming or diverse. Together, we want to change that. That means we want to hear from you whether you have years of coffee industry experience, or you’re brand new to this and have curiosity and a desire to learn. Our focus is building a team that strives for excellence in everything they do, that reflects the vibrant, diverse neighborhood we serve, and that can build an environment where our customers feel welcome and celebrated every day.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WITH…
- Passion for coffee (past barista experience welcome, but not essential)
- Strong customer service skills
- Drive to create and maintain a standard of excellence
- Talent for hospitality
- Flexible schedule of availability including weekends
- Ability to learn quickly
- Desire to grow skills
- Capacity to proactively problem solve
- Ability to confidently represent The Get Down at events as needed
- Create and maintain a welcoming and accommodating café environment
- Create and maintain a culture of excellence
- Provide recommendations and education to customers about our products in an approachable way
- Training and professional development as necessary to build skills
- Attendance at team meetings
- Solutions-oriented mindset
- Communication with manager and team
COFFEE KNOWLEDGE (can be trained if new to industry)
- Bar flow training
- Coffee varieties
- Quality control processes (dial in, recipes, etc.)
- Keep space clean and organized
- Record and appropriately store deliveries
- Keep products stocked and organized in retail and bakery space
- Support management and execution of special events in the café
- Adhere to hygiene, safety and security protocols
- Keep equipment clean and in proper working order
- Alert team manager to any necessary preventative or reactive maintenance needs
- Utilize POS system for sales and reporting
- Track and record product waste
- Represent The Get Down at offsite events as needed
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Status: Non Exempt
Compensation: $12.50 hourly, plus tips. Pay will increase annually commensurate with the Minneapolis Minimum Wage Ordinance each July.
Commitment: We're specifically looking for people with availability of 15-25 hours per week, including some weekends.
Schedule: Weekend availability required
Benefits: Monthly health stipend based on hours worked (after eligibility period), employee discount, PTO.